If Avira is giving you a false positive for a virus and sends your file to quarantine, you will want to recover it. This is possible in Avira 2017 and there are a few steps to getting it done. Here’s the video version on how to get it done – Written steps below.
Recover File from Avira Quarantine Steps
- In the Windows notification area (bottom right), find Avira Connect.
- Right click Avira connect and choose “Open Avira Connect”
- Where it says Free Antivirus, look to the right and choose open
- In Avira Anti-Virus, Choose Quarantine from the Left
- Right click the false positive file from the list of quarantined files. Choose restore file.
Set Exception for File in Avira Steps
- Navigate to Avira Anti-Virus like in the previous steps.
- Select Extras -> Configuration from the top menu (Or Press F8)
- On the left – navigate down to Real-Time Protection -> Scan -> Exceptions
- Under “File Objects to be Omitted by Real-Time Protection” find the 3 dots to browse for the file. Locate it on your computer and hit ok.
So those are the steps to doing a recovery of a file quarantined by Avira Real-Time Protection and how to exclude that file from protection quarantine in the future. Just be sure that you really are removing a file from quarantine that is safe before you execute it.